Sunday, August 28, 2011

Start of my Thailand tour





Here I am with my trip from Mumbai to Pattaya to Bangkok and back to Mumbai...
People have wrong impression about the Amazing country THAILAND...some call it "SEX capital of the world" or the "Ultimate leisure destination for bachelors", I prefer calling it "AMAZING & CHEAPEST HOLIDAY destination....one country which should be part of your vacation itinerary when you are travelling to South East Asia ....

Hi My name is Paul and I am going to give you insight about my wonderful & amazing and of course first overseas trip, I was joined by best friend Victor who was also my guide, because he is the one who has visited this country may be 6-7 times and still craves to visit again and again, I sometimes feel looking at the Thai visa stamps on his passport, they could give him life time free visa to THAILAND...

We had been planning our trip to Thailand for quite a long time and when finally I got my passport in September 08, We without wasting more time decided to travel in October 08...The best time,  I would say  to travel to Thailand as tourist season starts from end of October to March..so I would say best time to visit would be somewhere after August and before October ends as cheap flight tickets, easy availability of 4/5 star hotels at affordable rates..Thailand of course is 365 days destination, whole year around there is so much fun and so much to explore...

Always check with travel agents about the flights to Bangkok as they would surely offer cheaper rates for flight tickets as compared to some travel websites.. I took the CATHAY PACIFIC flight from Mumbai to Bangkok which left Mumbai at 5.00am (best time to fly) as you would reach Bangkok at 10.30... No prior visa required for Indian passport holders, As its Visa on arrival at Bangkok airport which would cost $25.00 (roughly Baht 1000)

For smokers travelling from Mumbai airport its awful time as you need to smoke before entering the airport for checking, immigration (airport is no smoking zone) and you enter 3hours before your flight, when you reach Bangkok airport that would be the only time you can smoke with dedicated smoking rooms at Swarnabhumi airport (Bangkok), Shows the care a visitor gets in Bangkok !!!!!!!

It took hardly 15 minutes for Thai authorities to process and stamp the Visa at the airport, keep one photo and hotel booking receipt ready, No questions asked !!!! and here I was at Swarnabhumi airport...the complex which is meticulously planned and its awesome experience when you are travelling for the first time...

At Swarnabhumi Airport after Visa processing, I would advise travelling directly to Pattaya if its part of your list..You can get limo buses which would cost baht 350 -400, taxis would cost baht 1200 but don't book at the counter rather do bargain hunting with taxi drivers, for smokers i would say light a smoke once you are out of airport and smoke and bargain, taxis are pretty comfy with music and air conditioned and drivers are friendly but don't speak much of English...

No comments:

Post a Comment